Happy 13th Blogiversary!

Thirteen years ago, I attended a California Genealogical Society class on creating a blog which was taught by member, Craig Siulinski. Fellow blogger, Janice Sellers, was also in the class and we started our blogs on the same day.

Since that time, I have written 226 blog posts. I do not write as many for this blog as the topic is finely defined. Mam-ma’s southern families comprise just one portion of my children’s ancestry, which is what I currently research.

Last year, I wrote 15 posts:

  • 8 posts were for 52 Ancestors
  • 3 posts were holiday greetings
  • 1 post for Women’s History Month
  • 3 posts for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun

The most viewed posts were:

This post was highlighted on 52 Ancestors' weekly blog

This year, I’m working to write more bios and research reports for my lines and these will include my grandmother’s ancestry. I will share some of the stories here on her blog.


Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family, All rights reserved.

Comments

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I started my blog the same year. I attended a Bloggers Summit at the California Genealogy Jamboree and had my blog up in less than a month. There are a lot less blogs than there were at that time. Kudos for sticking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your longevity as well. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary, blog sister! Hooray for us still being here! We are pretty stubborn, after all. Oh, wait, should that be persistent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending warmest wishes for your 13th blogiversary! Persistent blogger, and quite interesting content--looking forward to more of your posts in the coming year! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

Locating the Comic Book that Named My Great-Uncle