1) What day of the week was your Grandmother born (either one)? Tell us how you found out.
2) What event was a headline in the newspapers on that date? Tell us how you found out.
3) What has happened in recorded history on your Grandmother's birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
4) What famous people have been born on your Grandmother's birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
5) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook.
Day of the Week
1620: Pilgrims sight Cape Cod
1861: Julia Ward Howe writes “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”
1863: Abraham Lincoln delivers the “Gettysburg Address”
1897: The Great “City Fire” in London breaks out
1969: Apollo 12 touches down on the moon
1600: Charles 1, King of England and Ireland
1797: Sojourner Truth
1831: James Garfield, 20th President of the U.S.
1917: Indira Gandhi, prime minister of India (1967-1977, 1978-1984)
1936: Dick Cavett, TV talk show host
Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family