Treasure Chest Thursday -- Girl's Basketball at Stephenville High School


Here is a photo of the Stephenville High School girls basketball team in 1924. Two of the girls on the team are related to me but not to each other.

Circled in blue is Pearl Lancaster, who was my great aunt. She was the sister of my grandmother, Pansy’s father, George Warren Lancaster.

The girl circled in yellow is Faye Loveless. She was my first cousin, twice removed. Her father was my great-grandmother, Lela Ann Loveless’ brother, Arthur Loveless.


The clipping was sent to my grandmother by her brother, R.D. Lancaster. My grandmother also played sports in high school but this would have been a few years before her time. Someday, I hope to find her yearbook. 

Ancestry.com has high school yearbooks but the earliest for Stephenville High School is 1937. Pansy married in 1933 at the age of 20, so my guess is she graduated either in 1931 or 1932. At Classmates.com the earliest yearbook they have is 1937 also. I will need to research when yearbooks were produced for the high school.

Copyright © 2016 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

Locating the Comic Book that Named My Great-Uncle