Fearless Females - Day 1

This is a blogging theme for the month of March which is Women's History Month.  I'm a bit behind but do want to participate in the daily blogging posts.

Day 1: Do you have a favorite female ancestor? One you are drawn to or want to learn more about? Write down some key facts you have already learned or what you would like to learn and outline your goals and potential sources you plan to check.

I would like to know more about my grandmother's mother, Lela Ann (Loveless) Lancaster.  She was born 2 April 1895 in Conway, Faulkner Co, Arkansas to Ebenezer Loveless & Eliza A Rogers.  She married George Warren Lancaster 15 Dec 1912 in Stephenville, Erath Co, Texas.  They had four children; my grandmother was the oldest.

My grandmother told me her mother was ill most of my grandmother's young life and that my grandmother had extra chores around the house and she took care of her brothers.  What was wrong with Lela Ann?  She did live until she was 57 years old, dying 17 May 1951 in Texas.

Researching Goals:

  • Find death certificate for Lela Ann Lancaster
  • Determine when the Loveless family moved to Texas from Arkansas
  • Learn more about what she died of once I see the cause of death on the death certificate


Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family

Comments

  1. lela Ann had parkinsons disease, My dad Ray Lancaster told us his older sister Pansy basically raised him and his little brother Wayne. Bill Lancaster 512-312-8245

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

4th Anniversary!