SNGF -- Analyze Your 3rd Great-Grandparents AncestryDNA ThruLines

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!


 





Here is our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings:

1)  If you have AncestryDNA ThruLines results, which set of 3rd great-grandparents has the most ThruLines?  Analyze your ThruLines from these ancestors.  Are they all "correct?"  

Here’s mine: 
I have not looked at ThruLines yet, so this is a good exercise. I decided to write this on Mam-ma’s Southern Family blog because I haven’t written a post there in a while. Let’s look at the 3rd great-grandparents on her line (my maternal side).

  • George W. Lancaster (1839-1919) has 15 DNA matches. His wife, Martha Jane Polly (1855-1932) has 17 DNA matches.
  • James Madison Coor (1833-1889) has 17 DNA matches. His wife, Melissa A. Welch (1840-1876) has 17 DNA matches.
  • Jesse Loveless (1806-1873) has 31 DNA matches and his wife, Elizabeth Nixon (1810-1876) has 31 DNA matches.
  • David Rodgers (1818-??) has 32 DNA matches and his wife, Rebecca Waddell (1820-1879) has 32 DNA matches. These two were listed as potential ancestors, as I probably had not included them in the tree I linked because I do not know when they died.

The one with the most ThruLines is David Rodgers and Rebecca Waddell. Here is the screenshot of what I see when I choose David Rodgers. Rebecca Waddell’s screen is identical.

Here is the expanded view:

Most of the matches are through their son, P.K. Rodgers with 19 matches, however, there are 11 matches through their daughter Eliza, my direct ancestor.

Eliza and her husband Ebenezer Loveless had eleven children and ThruLines show matches for six of their children:

George Lon Loveless (1)

James Alonzo Loveless (1)

Thomas M Loveless (3)

John Cecil Loveless (1)

Zachariah T Loveless (1)

William Hutson Loveless (3)

Lela Nell Loveless (1) This is my closest match at 196 cm. The match is my second cousin.

As for accuracy, the children of the above-listed children of Ebenezer are listed correctly on the ThruLines. I cannot vouch for the private and DNA takers, but the rest seem correct. After I turn in my renewal portfolio to BCG, I should use this family line and try to write up a proof argument using the DNA data along with genealogy documentation.

Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family, All rights reserved.

Comments

  1. Your numbers are similar to mine. Not a ton of matches and most, but not all of mine, appear correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because it's not going back too far and I've done the research. I'm not very familiar with DNA and have not used it much except to look.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

Locating the Comic Book that Named My Great-Uncle