Week 9: Multiples – Twins & Double Cousins

This is my fourth year working on this year-long 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

Our family is not blessed with lots of multiple births. On my husband’s side, there are none in the Gorrell, Shotts, Bishop/Bischoff, Wollenweber, or Voehringer lines.  There was one set of twins in the Davey line: Julia & Emma Davey, born in October 1845 in London, but they both died in the same year.

On my side of the family, there are none in the Hork/Horoch, Sommer, Trösster, Döbener, Sievert, Sullivan, Gleeson, Tierney, Johnston, Hutson, Selman, Welch, or Polly lines. However, there were a few sets of twins:

  • Laura and Ellen Jones, both born in 1863, however, Ellen did not survive childhood.
  • Earl and Pearl Lancaster, who were born 4 Jun 1907 and lived to marry.
  • George and Mary Loveless, who were born in 1837. George did not survive adulthood.
  • Irma Anna and Isaac Henry Coor, born in January 1864, but Isaac did not survive childhood.

My grandmother, Pansy Louise Lancaster had a double cousin. Her mother Lela Loveless married George Warren Lancaster, and Lela’s brother, William Hutts Loveless married George’s sister, Josephine Hazel Lancaster. So Pansy was a double cousin to Dorothy Nell Loveless. They were the best of friends throughout their life, talking on the phone and sending letters back and forth.  

I checked to see if I’ve scanned a photo of my grandmother and Dorothy together, but I have not. Perhaps there is a photo of them in the images not yet scanned. I’ll update if I find one.


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family, All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

Locating the Comic Book that Named My Great-Uncle