Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Birth Order in Your Line

It's Saturday Night,
time for more Genealogy Fun!!

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing has another challenge for us this week. 

For this week's mission (should you decide to accept it), I challenge you to:

1)  Pick one of your ancestral lines - any one - patrilineal, matrilineal, zigzag, from a famous ancestor, etc.  Pick a long one if you can.

2)  Tell us which position in the birth order that your ancestor was in each generation.  For example "third child, first son."  Also list how many children were born to these parents. 

3)  Share your Birth Order work with us on your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, in a comment on Facebook, etc.
  
My longest lines are on my mother’s side, since my father’s ancestors were pretty recent immigrants. I have yet to find the immigrant ancestors on my mother’s side except for the Lancaster line.

1. Lisa Suzanne Hork (1954–…), I am the oldest child, first daughter, of William J. Hork and Lela Nell Johnston (2 sons and 4 daughters).

2. Lela Nell Johnston (1934–1992), she was the only child of Tom J Johnston and Pansy Louise Lancaster

3. Pansy Louise Lancaster (1913–2013), she was the oldest child, only daughter, of George Warren Lancaster and Lela Ann Loveless (2 sons, 1 daughter)

4. Lela Ann Loveless (1896–1951), she was the youngest child (no. 11), fourth daughter, of A
Ebenezer Loveless and Eliza A. Rodgers (7 sons, 4 daughters)

5. A. Ebenezer Loveless (1851–1929), he was the youngest child (no. 10), sixth son, of Jesse Loveless and Elizabeth Nixon (6 sons, 4 daughters)

6. Jesse Loveless (1806–1873), he was the eighth child, seventh son, of James Loveless and Linna Hughes (8 sons, 4 daughters)

7. Linna Hughes (1772–??), she was one of eight children of George Hughes and Jemimah Timmons (3 sons, 5 daughters)

For both George and Jemimah, I only have the names of their fathers, and no names of siblings, so I won’t count this generation.

My averages are:
  • Child number: 5.2
  • Number of children: 7.3

 The first three generations were first born. The next three generations had very large families and my ancestor was near the end of the family. The last generation skews the numbers because I don’t know the position of Linna in her family. She is the only one that I have with a birth date. I have not yet worked on this line thoroughly.





Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family, All rights reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

Locating the Comic Book that Named My Great-Uncle