52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – Week 19: Mother’s Day

I am working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I’m looking forward to writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

I searched for photos of Mother’s Day with my mother or with my own children and couldn’t find any. Instead, I’m sharing instead some multi-generational photos I found.

This is a four-generation photo taken at Christmas 1988. My grandmother, Pansy Louise Lancaster Johnston (age 75); my mother, Lela Nell Johnston Hork (age 54); myself, Lisa Suzanne Hork Gorrell (age 34);and my daughter, Elizabeth Ann Gorrell (age 1 month).


 A three-generation photo taken in Los Angeles, 1923. My great-grandmother, Julia Ann Sievert Hork (age 69); my grandmother, Anna Marie Sullivan Hork (age 31); and my aunt, Lorene Ethel Hork (age 5 or 6 months).


 Another three-generation photo taken in Stephenville, Texas, about 1935. Left to right: my great-grandmother, Lela Ann Loveless Lancaster (age 39); great-grandfather, George Warren Lancaster; my grand-uncle Wayne Lancaster; my mother, Lela Nell Johnston (age about 6 months); and my grandmother, Pansy Louise Lancaster Johnston (age 22).

A lot of wonderful mothers in these photos.

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

Locating the Comic Book that Named My Great-Uncle