Tombstone Tuesday - Tom J Johnston

I have been scanning like crazy this past week and found the photograph I took of my maternal grandfather's grave marker.  Since it is flat I find it hard to call it a "tombstone" but it still works for this blogging meme.

Oakmont Memorial Park, Lafayette, California
After finding the photo, I created a memorial at Find-a-Grave which you can see here.  Seeing the marker back when I took the photo gave me information that I did not know.  Tom-Tom (what us grandkids called him) was in the Navy during World War II.  I have since sent for his Naval Service Record.

I also took a photo of my daughters next to the marker.  When I added that photo to their scrapbooks, I would draw a little tree showing the relationship from them to the ancestor.

Tom J Johnston's great-granddaughters

Copyright © 2012 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

4th Anniversary!