Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ancestral Name List Roulette

This assignment has me taking a grandfather and determining his age today, dividing by 4, then finding the ancestor in my family tree with the ahnentafel number, and writing 3 facts about that ancestor.  My ahnentafel number came up as 28 which would be Thomas Newton Johnston, my great grandfather.

Tom Johnston with granddaughters,
Lea & Sandra


Thomas Newton Johnston was born 25 Jul 1885 in Edna Hill, Comanche County, Texas to Ruben Mack Johnston and Olivia Jane Jones.  He died 20 Feb 1951 in Stephenville, Erath County, Texas. He married Nell L. Hutson on 6 Jun 1907 in Comanche County, Texas.
Three facts I know:
  • Listed as a farmer living on Gustine & Swan Hill Road in 1910 with his wife, Lea N. and daughter, Beryl M.
  • Worked many years at the Higgenbotham's Lumber Yard in Stephenville, Texas, lastly as manager.
  • Was called "Daddy Tom" by his grandchildren.
Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family

Comments

  1. We have a photo just like this taken in the early 60's of my brothers and I on my Grandfather. You picture made me smile as I remembered it. Thank you.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Theresa. It's one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

4th Anniversary!