Amy Johnson Crow of No Story Too Small has created a new theme called 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. I think it’s a great way to write about one person. This will help me see what I have and what I’m missing for additional research.
- Elizabeth Nixon was born around 1810 in South Carolina. I know this from several census records: 1850 in Cass Co, Georgia; 1860 in Cass Co, Georgia; and 1870 in Chattooga Co, Georgia.
- Elizabeth Nixon married Jesse Loveless around 1828 perhaps in Greenville Co, South Carolina and their first eight children were also born in South Carolina.
- They moved to Georgia sometime between 1843 (birth of Elizabeth Loveless) and 24 Jan 1848 when their ninth child, Jesse M. Loveless was born. (There is a big gap between these two children so there might be other children born and died before the 1850 census).
- They moved to Faulkner Co, Arkansas sometime before late 1873. Jesse Loveless died 29 Dec 1873 in Faulkner Co, Arkansas. I do not have a death date of Elizabeth but she is mentioned by name in a probate record for Jesse as the widow on 18 Jan 1876. She is not mentioned after that in any of the bound volumes available on FamilySearch. I have put in a request with the clerk of the court in Faulkner county for possible loose papers for the estate of Jesse Loveless.
- According to a website, Mary Parthenia Medlock Nixon, (click here to view) Elizabeth’s parents might be Abner Nixon and Mary Parthenia Medlock.
- Look at land records in Faulkner county for when Jesse Loveless purchased land
- Look at land records to find the disposition of the land after his death
- Check out any court records
- Check out tax records, 1872-1895
- Search land, tax, court records in Bartow and Chattooga counties in Georgia
- Search for marriage, court, tax records in Greenville, South Carolina to find the date of marriage for Elizabeth Nixon and Jesse Loveless
Copyright © 2014 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family