March 20 — Is there a female ancestor who is your brick wall? Why? List possible sources for finding more information.
One of my brick wall female ancestor is Eliza A. Rogers. She is my 2nd great grandmother. Eliza was born in 1854 in South Carolina. I do not know who her parents are. She married Ebenezer Loveless on 18 Mar 1871 in Chattooga Co, Georgia. They had ten children. She died in Faulkner Co, Arkansas on 27 Aug 1907 and is buried at Spring Hill Cemetery.
- Find out when death certificates became mandatory in Arkansas and try to obtain one for her.
- Find a tombstone on www.find-a-grave.com in Faulkner Co, Arkansas
- Find the obituary for Eliza
- Research the children of Eliza and Ebenezer who did not move to Texas and remained in Arkansas. Maybe one of their children have information.
- Search all the Rogers/Rodgers in Chattooga Co, GA 1870 census. I have not looked since census records have been online.
|Springhill Cemetery, Faulkner Co, Arkansas|
Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family