Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Happy Blogiversary - January 15

On this day, it's been exactly 5 years since I started this blog. I attended a class taught by Craig Siulinski at the California Genealogical Society. He gave us step-by-step instructions on how to set up a new blog on Blogger. There were several other students in the class who still write in their blogs, too.

I had a hard time coming up with a theme for the blog and came up with writing about my maternal grandmother's family. We called her "Mam-ma." She was from Texas and her ancestors were from other southern states such as Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.

Since that time, I have written 75 blog posts. That equals to about 15 per year. It's not a lot because this blog is only about my maternal line. I started another blog where I can write about my father's side and about my husband's family.

So Happy Blogiversary to Mam-ma's Southern Family!

Copyright © 2016 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching your 5th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a milestone. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary, Lisa . . . congratulations. Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY 5TH BLOGOVERSARY DEAR LIIIISSSAAAAA, HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY TO YOUUUUU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.