Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) Determine where your ancestral families were on 1 January 1913 - 100 years ago.
2) List them, their family members, their birth years, and their residence location (as close as possible). Do you have a photograph of their residence from about that time, and does the residence still exist?
3) Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook Status or Google+ Stream post.
- My grandfather, Tom Johnston was living with his parents, Thomas Newton Johnston and Nell L Hutson in Comanche Co, Texas. He was just a few months old. They lived on Gustine & Swan Hill Road in the 1910 census.
- My great-great-grandfather, Ruben Mack Johnston and his wife, Olivia Jane Jones, were living also on Gustine & Swan Hill Road near Thomas Newton Johnston (according to the 1910 census).
- My great-great grandparents, Peter H Hutson and Sarah Helena Selman, were living on a general farm in Gustine Precinct 2 in Comanche Co, Texas.
- My great grandparents, Warren Lancaster and Lela Ann Loveless were living on the farm outside of Stephenville, Erath Co, Texas. They had been married just 15 days earlier.
- My great-great grandparents, William Carl Lancaster and Martha Jane “Doll” Coor, were living in Stephenville, Erath Co, Texas. My great-great-great grandfather, George W. Lancaster Sr was living with them.
- My great-great-great grandmother, Martha Jane Polly was living in Imperial, Imperial Co, California with her second husband, Noah Flood Parks.
Copyright © 2013 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family