|E. Loveless Death Certificate, 1929, Rotan Co, Texas|
- He was living in the town of Rotan in Fisher County.
- He was still married.
- His birth date of February 8, 1851
- He worked as a night watchman.
- He died of bronchopneumonia, due to flu and general debility. He was 77 years old and this is a common cause of death for the elderly, especially in the winter.
- He is also buried in Belvieu Cemetery in Rotan.
- Search through land records to see when he sold the farm the 1920 census said he had. This might give me an idea when he moved to Rotan.
- Find an obituary for Ebenezer.
- Find the cemetery record for Ebenezer at Belvieu cemetery in Rotan.
- Find a death certificate for wife, Melissa. On a quick search in the Texas Deaths 1890-1976 database, Melissa A. Loveless was not found. She could have remarried. She could have moved to live with one of her children from her first marriage. Perhaps I have to research her children, too.
- Research the history of Rotan to see what else can be researched. A quick glance at the Texas State Historical Association at about Rotan, stated “The Rotan Gypsum Plant was founded in 1923. A series of gins was built in the town, including the Rotan Gin, built in 1925.” Could Ebenezer have been working at one of the gypsum plants?
Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family