Fearless Females - Day 3


This is a blogging theme for the month of March which is Women's History Month. I'm a bit behind but do want to participate in the daily blogging posts. These 31 posts will be posted between my two blogs "My Trails Into the Past" and "Mam-ma's Southern Family."

March 3 — Do you share a first name with one of your female ancestors? Perhaps you were named for your great-grandmother, or your name follows a particular naming pattern. If not, then list the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree.

I do not share a first name with any of my ancestors, but my mother, Lela Nell, was named after her grandmother, Lela Ann Loveless Lancaster. Later my mother went by Lea instead, I guess because it didn't sound so Texan. My mother's Texas accent was gone, too.

Above is a photo of my great grandmother, Lela Ann, great grandfather Warren, my mother Lela Nell, my grandmother, Pansy Louise, and her brother, Wayne.


Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa,
    We have a lot of info on the Coor family. My cousin Chauncey
    Put a geneology book together that goes back
    To the 1500's.
    Mark Coor
    Coorm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

Last One Standing: Reginald F. Lancaster

John Coor of Copiah County Made an Agreement with Joel Hoggatt

4th Anniversary!