Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fearless Females - Day 3

This is a blogging theme for the month of March which is Women's History Month. I'm a bit behind but do want to participate in the daily blogging posts. These 31 posts will be posted between my two blogs "My Trails Into the Past" and "Mam-ma's Southern Family."

March 3 — Do you share a first name with one of your female ancestors? Perhaps you were named for your great-grandmother, or your name follows a particular naming pattern. If not, then list the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree.

I do not share a first name with any of my ancestors, but my mother, Lela Nell, was named after her grandmother, Lela Ann Loveless Lancaster. Later my mother went by Lea instead, I guess because it didn't sound so Texan. My mother's Texas accent was gone, too.

Above is a photo of my great grandmother, Lela Ann, great grandfather Warren, my mother Lela Nell, my grandmother, Pansy Louise, and her brother, Wayne.

Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, Mam-ma's Southern Family

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    We have a lot of info on the Coor family. My cousin Chauncey
    Put a geneology book together that goes back
    To the 1500's.
    Mark Coor


All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.